“Essential Culture and Arts for Global Leaders” will begin on October 2. This class is designed as one of the Doctoral Program Liberal Arts for “Minor Course of Science and Technology for Global Leaders”. The class is open to all master’s & doctoral students who want to be active in the international community no matter which major/minor course they belong to. The lecture will be conducted in English.
Theme & Objective
– To learn the basic cultural idea and theory
– To learn the cultural history since 19th century to present
– To deepen intercultural understanding
– To know more about world movies, music and arts
– To cultivate your creativity through filmmaking
Message to Students
This liberal arts class welcomes all graduate students with neither limitation to a particular study field, nor high English level. Please join if you wish to learn more about culture and world movies.
– Several movies and visual media or audio will be provided at each class
– No report submission required, however you will be asked to write your impression of each class
– Several classes will have group discussion time
– Filmmaking practical class will be included
|Essential Culture and Arts for Global Leaders [18S1016]|
|Number of Credits|
|KONYA, Akari (Project Lecturer of Ochanomizu University)|
Undergraduate students can also attend.
|Science Building 1, 6F, Common Library(R601), Study Commons Seminar Room|
|Date & Time|
|Tuesday Period 5-6 (13:20-14:50)
October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
November 6, 13, 20, 27
December 4, 11, 18, 25
January 8, 15
|No homework requested, but need to work for preparation your presentation before the 7th and the final class.|
|List of movies that I will introduce during a class:
School of Babel（2015） and others
Registration Period: Mon., October 1 through Sat., October 13
If you cannot register during above period, please contact Academic Affairs Office in Student Affairs Building.
*For undergraduate students, please contact Leading Graduate School Promotion Center.
Ochanomizu University Leading Graduate School Promotion Center